Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Everybody is getting fat...Why?

I have been posting a lot of videos about

The Carbohydrate Addicts Diet and I suddenly

realized that you don’t know much about me.

I want to change that by telling you my

story.


I’m a 69(going on 49 year old) retired

grandmother.  I was in business for many

years and never had the opportunity to write

seriously.   Once I retired, around 6 years

ago, that all changed.  I’m now just as busy

writing as I ever was in my business.


So how did I end up writing about carbohydrate

addiction? Well, I became personally involved.

When I was in my early 40’s I had some very

minor surgery during which something went

wrong and I suffered a cardiac arrest.  Till

then, I had never had a weight problem I

couldn’t take care of in the gym.


It soon turned out that my heart issue had

caused some damage.  Within 3 months of the

event, I realized I was gaining weight. I

upped my visits to the gym but it was clear

that although the weight was coming off, it

was a lot harder to accomplish than I had

experienced before.


I went to the doctor to find out why and I

was diagnosed with a thyroid condition.

The doctor said I would have a weight problem

for life and that rather than depend on

exercise, I should visit a dietitian who

would teach me a better, healthier way to

eat.


I followed his advice and that’s about the

time my real weight problems began. For

years, despite regular exercise, and

sticking to the recommended diet, I very

slowly, very gradually gained weight.


When I retired, 6 years ago, I was around

80 kilos. I suffered the early symptoms of

type2 diabetes and I was on the verge of

depression. - Still, I finally had time

to write and to think.


The growing obesity that seemed to affect

everyone around me didn’t make sense,

particularly in light of some events and

facts I knew about, that went right back to

my youth.


I decided to ignore all the diets, including

the current ‘green’ diet philosophy and

instead return to the food that was natural

to me more than twenty years earlier.


Today, I don’t have a weight problem. I

haven’t had a weight problem for six years.

I also no longer suffer the symptoms of

type2 diabetes. I think that’s an amazing,

unexpected result, important enough to earn

me the right to tell people about it.


So I have written a book which I hope to

publish online very soon. In the meantime I

have created a little blog to tell people

about my not so secret – secrets. I have

also gone into video production, which I’m

having a lot of fun with.


My grandkids are impressed with my YouTube

status and pretend interest in weight loss.

Who would have thought! I’m fast becoming a

hero with the 9 -15 age group.


While waiting for my book to be published,

I’m posting videos and writing articles for

my blog to tell people about some really

important things nobody else seem prepared to

talk about.  There’s a very good chance it’s

because nobody else is around who knows

enough and can put the pieces together as

I have done.


Not till you know and recognize the truth

about a problem, can you be expected to

successfully deal with it!


Please visit my blog:

http://www.thecarbohydrateaddictsdiet.com

Regards

Kirsten Plotkin

No comments:

Post a Comment