Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Q&A on The Carbohydrate Addict’s Manual!

Hi it's me again, Kirsten Plotkin. Today I want to pose 

12 important questions about The Carbohydrate Addict’s 

Manual that I'm sure you want answered.

 

1. What has enabled me to write a book of ’authority 

‘on carbohydrate addiction?

 First my age.  I’m a spritely 69 year old who happens 

to possess something that not many people can match. 

First my understanding and love of history.  Second, my 

knowledge of some critical facts dating back over more 

than forty-five years.  And finally, the ability to 

collect my thoughts and ideas and put them on paper.

 

2. With all that I knew, how could I let it happen to 

me?

How could I spend 20 years being overweight, frozen in 

indecision and locked in despair?

My mistake was to listen to experts when what I call 

my innate “Bull Dust” barometer was screaming at me: 

this is all wrong!

 

3. Could it be that my mistakes are also your 

mistakes?

You see I listened to the wrong people till it was 

almost too late.  They were the ‘experts’, most other

people listened to them with reverence.  How could 

I be right and they be wrong?

 

4. Why did it take me twenty years to act?

Like you, I wanted to believe these people.  They 

laughed at the past and what they said seemed so 

clever and right. It was new and modern and I was 

seduced by words like green and healthy diets and 

calories and detox. I lost my way and completely 

forgot what I knew.  Anyway, surely they knew better 

than me?

 

5. What finally brought me to my senses?

One of the benefits of growing older is that you 

become more skeptical.  You look down your telescope 

and see how it was before. You have had time to 

learn that it’s not about what people claim,  it’s

about where their claims originate and what they 

are based on.  You begin to realize that 'experts' 

are not always expert and they do  do not always

know more than you do.

 

6. Why is my information more correct than those 

other people’s?

I remember how it all began and who started it. I 

know why there’s an obesity epidemic today and why 

carbohydrate addiction is equally critical. If 

others are aware of it they are certainly not 

talking about it.  When Carbohydrate addicts are 

talked about or written about today,  it’s 

invariably in the context of “the right diet”  

when, it should be about ‘curing the addiction’.  

Until that is changed nothing will change.

 

7. How can I be so sure I’m right?

When we think of other common addictions like 

tobacco and alcohol we don’t think about ways to 

live a healthier life using those substances, we 

think about how we can cure the addiction. That 

same rule does not apply to carbohydrates. 

Instead, when we think of carbohydrate addiction 

we think about what is the right diet that can 

fit in with our cravings for carbohydrate.  The 

word addiction rarely enters into that equation.

 

8. Why do people skirt the subject of 

carbohydrate addiction?

In the past people used to skirt the subject of 

tobacco and alcohol addiction.  For a long time, 

people were not even convinced that these were 

genuine addictions. We all witnessed the power 

of vested interests when the tobacco industry 

was finally called to account.

 

9. How did they get away with it for so long?

There were too many ‘experts’ and corporations 

promoting their own research about the safety of 

smoking in moderation.  We are human. We always 

listen to the message we want to believe.  As 

addicts we become co-conspirators.  That’s how 

addiction works and how we are so easily 

manipulated by the the ‘experts!

 

10. How important is carbohydrate addiction 

compared to other addictions?

They are equally important. An addiction is 

just that. An unstoppable compulsion over which 

you have little or no control. All that changes 

is the substance to which you are hooked.

 

11. What is the greatest handicap to a cure?

At present, carbohydrate addiction is in a 

special category. It is not yet taken seriously. 

The moment somebody puts focus on the word 

addiction, in relation to carbohydrate, the 

immediate question should be: How do we cure it?

But that’s when the subject of carbohydrate 

addiction becomes a problem.  Not to people 

like us - the addicts, - but to all those vested 

interests who profit from the addiction and want 

nothing to interfere with that.

 

12. What can YOU expect to learn from ME?

I’ll show you why you are addicted. Who and 

what caused it, and why it continuous to this 

day.  Unless you know and understand that, you 

will never be fully ready to change your 

lifestyle and overcome your addiction.  And 

yes, you will overcome the addiction because 

you will be ready. You will realize that soon 

the cravings will be gone and as a by-product, 

so will the weight - for good.


The book, The Carbohydrate Addicts Manual, 

will be published soon. For more information 

please visit my blog.

http:www.thecarbohydrateaddictsdiet.com


The Carbohydrate Addicts Diet V Obesity Statistics

No comments:

Post a Comment