Friday, November 19, 2010

Why were carbohydrate addicts tricked?

carbohydrate addicts are no different!

Unfortunately,

it will have taken carbohydrate addicts

several decades to arrive at the truth!

I’m sure when you have read some of my articles or seen a couple of my videos about carbohydrate addicts. You’ve probably asked yourself who is this person? I know most of what I say is very different to what anybody else says. My aim is not to appeal to what you want to hear. I just want to appeal to your common sense.

If you are one of the millions of carbohydrate addicts, who don't know this yet, you deserve to learn the truth.

I believe once we understand something fully and apply our own common sense, we inevitable arrive at the truth. That’s where I hope to lead you. Still, you will want to know how I got a hold of all that new information and why nobody else is talking about carbohydrate addicts, at least not how to cure them. I understand that and I’ll endeavor to explain.

I think if most of the people who promote diets today, understand just a little about the workings of our body, they will recognize the truth. They may choose not to do anything, but that’s a different matter. Their livelihood depends on carbohydrate addicts remaining addicted.

Misinformation has become so entrenched into our lifestyle that to unravel it will take more than truth, more than sincerity and a lot more than me. But I believe bad beliefs are ultimately exposed and I aim to do all I can to hurry that exposure along. My big advantage over all those who fill your ears with bad information about food, is that I’ll be seventy years old in June.

That means I have been around the diet industryfrom the beginning. I have witnessed the birth of carbohydrate addicts and I have seen this unrecognized epidemic grow before my eyes for almost thirty years. I’m also the kind of person who, when I see something weird or interesting, will make a note of it and remember it.

In the sixties and early seventies, just about everybody out of University seemed to have a brilliant idea. Many pursued it and tried to make it a career. One such group of people had noticed that there were no guidelines about what was considered the normal diet at that time. It was just something each generation passed on to the next.

Doctor’s had no interest in foods that had been standard for as long as anyone could remember. Only in cases of illness – like diabetes, did doctor’s become involved and then would recommend a special diet. By the mid to late seventies our budding ‘experts’ had established themselves on the fringe of medicine with a diet that would create a new healthy lifestyle – or so they said.

There were no weight problems to appeal to in those days, so better health was the only option. Nevertheless, the diet seemed to flounder until a sudden stroke of luck intervened. Cholestrol became a revelation to these people and gave them the means and the opportunity to gain wide credibility. You see nobody had ever heard of cholestrol but it was said to be very dangerous and the only way to cure it was to embark on this new diet that was designed to cure it.

No medical or science professional ever stepped in to correct that misinformation. Those of you who were around then will be nodding your heads. You’ll remember that diet as The Pyramid Diet. It eventually proved to be an exact reversal of what had till then been our traditional diet. Millions of people embarked on the new diet out of fear of cholestrol and in due course they became carbohydrate addicts.

Their children followed the same diet and they too became addicted. Their children are right now passing their addiction on to their little ones. All of this has happened in blissful ignorance and it’s got to stop. As someone who was one of those carbohydrate addicts for more than twenty years, you’ll understand why I’m a little angry and why I want so much to stop it. If I don’t who will? I mean who else remembers and can pass it on?

 

 

 

Note the soon to be published Carbohydrate Addicts Manual!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment